My study of the 2005 list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, published by PROFIT Magazine, helped me identify 10 common characteristics of fast-growth companies. These commonalities also suggest appropriate tactics for marketing to these firms.
1) These companies are founded on innovation. They present new solutions to their markets, not business as usual. If you are offering products and solutions that are new and improved, they’d better be genuine improvements, because these firms have invested in innovation - and expect you to do so as well.
2) These firms offer real value in the marketplace: new solutions, better service, lower prices. How else does a new business break into today’s crowded markets? Since these emerging companies create so much value for their clients, they expect value from their suppliers in return. They are most receptive to marketers who also put value and customer benefit first.
3) Most of these companies succeed through productive partnerships with other organizations. These companies understand win-win, and they expect you to, too.
4) Their founders have leveraged personal relationships to get where they are today. They are innovative dealmakers. And they expect no less from you.
5) Being an emerging business doesn’t mean you lack experience; many of these entrepreneurs brought years of industry experience to the table. Expect entrepreneurial clients to combine small-biz focus and agility with big-business discipline and toughness.
The next 5 points? Just click here.