Why should you care about Selling to Small Business? Because small and medium-sized businesses are an important growing force.
According to the government of Canada:
* Small businesses are much more adaptable and adopt new technologies and processes more quickly than large firms
* Businesses with fewer than 50 employees account for 95% of all companies in Canada.
* SMEs generated 43% of Canada’s private sector GDP in 1998.
* The number of self-employed Canadians has nearly doubled since 1980, to 2.4 million.
* In 2002, small businesses (under 100 employees) accounted for 20% of Canada’s total exports.
As they say, there is nothing small about small business.
Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me if you want more information on any of these factoids.